HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUMMY!
- Watch the Lorax
“It might look small and insignificant, but it’s not what it is- it’s about what it can become. It is not just a seed any more than you’re just a boy.”
- Music & Dance – listening to the soundtrack from ‘How to train your dragon’ we prance around the room pretending to fly like a dragon.
…dance can have an overwhelming effect on young people, increasing vital communication skills, helping them gain an understanding of emotional expression and giving them an ability to appreciate themselves in relation to others.
- Listen to Audio CD: Beatrix Potter
- Met Grandad for Lunch
- Played on the playground
Monkey and Mummy went to the Doctors:
- Check up
Mischief and Mayhem with Mama:
- Library: borrow books & Diego DVD
- Visit pet shop
…learning about how our library books are just on loan to us and belong to everyone in the community was a first lesson on how to take care of things so that they last and can be used by many people…. It also is a great way to talk about sharing resources and how we have to think beyond ourselves.
- Monkey and Mischief Nap
- Mayhem plays on the computer- fishing farm game
- Japanese for mummy’s birthday! Yummy!
- Sing Happy Birthday and eat Cake & Ice cream
Appreciation for different cultural food
“Eating is about immersing yourself in the local culture. Eating involves participating in a local ritual, sometimes a sacred event but most often a necessary human need.”