A quiet Day.
- Breakfast/ Dressed
- Mayhem Kindy with Grandad
- Mischief and Monkey go shopping with Mummy (Mayhem needs new shoes)
- Home-Read books
Books have the power to benefit toddlers and preschoolers in a myriad of ways. As a parent, reading to your child is one of the most important things you can do to prepare him with a foundation for academic excellence.
- Morning Tea
- Monkey play mat
- Mummy picks up Mayhem from Kindy
- Grocery shopping & got some new DVDs & CDs
Both Mischief and Mayhem are very interested in Dinosaurs at present (after visiting dinosaur kingdom) they love playing with their dinosaur toys- so finding a Thomas Dino DVD was most exciting for Mayhem.
They are finding that interest can help us think more clearly, understand more deeply, and remember more accurately. Interest has the power to transform struggling performers, and to lift high achievers to a new plane.
Music ignites all areas of child development: intellectual, social and emotional, motor, language, and overall literacy. It helps the body and the mind work together. Exposing children to music during early development helps them learn the sounds and meanings of words. Dancing to music helps children build motor skills while allowing them to practice self-expression. For children and adults, music helps strengthen memory skills.
- Watched Thomas
- We find a water cycle poster in the study. Mayhem asks what is a water cycle? And mummy points to the poster explaining each part of the system and why fresh clean water is so important for us. (The poster is attached to a letter from Child fund and has a picture of a child in need).
Water cycle, science, vocabulary, human needs, sustainability, gratitude, nature