- Poppa arrives with Digger
- Mischief and Mayhem have a great time watching the digger outside
- Exploring in the garden: Finding insects- ants, crickets, praying mantis, bumble bees buzz in the flowers, a dead Weta.. and the treasures we found that were hiding in the bush- ball, shovel, pinecone and dog toys!
Exploring nature, insects, gardening, diggers, dirt, deconstruction
- Watch Dora for quiet time
- Morning tea
- Feed Barry
looking after our pets, responsibility, empathy, compassion
Parents who are experienced, or even first-time pet owners, know there is a lot of patience, time and effort involved but that the payoff of sharing your home and life is the unconditional love a well-cared-for pet gives. It’s well worth it.
- Monkey Bath
- Climb the Trellis
Balance, strength, testing limits, adventure, fun
These physical challenges help your toddler to grow in mind and body. Climbing and balancing strengthens his muscles and bones, and helps his coordination. Being on the move and navigating obstacles stretches him, making him figure things out and stimulating his brain .
- Mummy reads us ‘Piranhas don’t eat Bananas’
nutrition, vocabulary, listening, comprehension, rhyme
- Play in the dirt
Nature, sensory, exploration, fine motor skills
The Joy of Dirt
Studies have shown that simply having contact with dirt, whether it’s through gardening, digging holes, or making pies out of mud, can significantly improve a child’s mood and reduce their anxiety and stress. Who knew, right? With antidepressant use in kids on the rise, an increasing number of experts are recognizing the role of nature in enhancing kids’ mental health. Dirt can even improve classroom performance. It’s easy to see the effect when you watch children play outside.
(Dirty) Fun: Get elbow deep in some dirt! Try these activities your children will love!
- Mayhem helps Poppa drive the digger back on the truck, Say Bye to Poppa
- Nap time
- Mischief paint play on tablet & is ‘Gentle’ with Meerkat
Fine motor skills, colour recognition, vocabulary, compassion, kindness, empathy
- Mischief has a shower outside with Mama
Nature, vocabulary, sensory, sing (literally) in the rain
Today, there is plenty of scientific evidence
that nature is not only good,
but great for us.
find some fun RAINY DAY ACTIVITIES below:
- Grandad reads us ‘Robbles Raindance’