- Mischief and Mayhem take the Dogs to Beach with Mama and Grandad
- Monkey goes with Mummy and Daddy shopping
- Water Balloon play
Filling up water balloons, colours, sensory, throwing, aiming- we drew a pink circle on the ground and tried aiming at it, we got mummy soaked, we “squished” “threw” and “popped” the balloons- vocabulary. We counted them, shared them with each other- sharing, compassion, kindness. It was a fun way to cool off in the heat!
The link below has some neat Water Balloon Games for Kids:
Why Sensory Play?
- Sensory play encourages children to manipulate and mold materials, building up their fine motor skills and coordination.
- Sensory play uses all 5 senses, but the sense of touch is often the most frequent. Toddlers and children process information through our five senses. They learning through exploring these.
- Sensory play is process-driven, not product-oriented; it is the purest sense of exploratory learning
- Self-esteem: sensory play offers kids the opportunity for self-expression because there is no right answer and children feel safe to change or experiment with what they are doing.
- Language development and learning new words.
- It is fun!!
- Shops with mum and dad- to look for a new computer