Today was one of THOSE days… the kind where Monkey won’t stop crying unless held- and we have come to the conclusion that the little guy must not be getting enough milk (pumping is now in order)… and the other two are playing tag team – not wanting to nap- But sleeping when the other wakes (No Rest for the Wicked Mummy!).
- Watch Leapfrog Ready for School and Adventure to the Moon
Vocabulary, Comprehension, Alphabet, Maths, Counting, Geometry, Colours, Sorting
- Played outside- “helping Mama & Grandad” in the garden- stomping around in their gumboots, started raining- popped on their jackets and played in the mud
- Fishing Farm game
- Mayhem Nap
- Morning Tea
- Mischief Nap
- Mayhem makes dream catchers with mummy- threading the beads
Counting, threading, colours, patterns, fine motor skills, craft, vocabulary- string, thread, beads, feathers, comprehension, understands and explains what a dream catcher does
Overall Developmental Benefits of Beading:
* Improved fine motor, visual perceptual, visual motor and cognitive skills
* Improved dressing skills (especially clothing fasteners, like buttons and zippers)
* Improved pencil grasp and pencil control during colouring and writing activities
* Improved visual perception and better planning often help a child to become more organized (e.g. Where is that sock? Where did I put my pencil case or favourite toy? Do I have everything I need to complete my homework?)
* And last but not least, Beading can provide a sense of accomplishment in completing a project that offers freedom of self-expression and camaraderie with other party-goers. This sense of “Occupational Fulfillment” can contribute to improved self-esteem.
**In other words, Beading is just plain FUN, and FUN is good for kids!!**
- Mayhem shows Mama and Grandad (Mayhem explains that “a dream catcher catches the bad dreams so that you only have good dreams”… Grandad says “wow! I think the Native Americans used these!”)and gives Scarlett her dream catcher- they both really like them. Mayhem runs to his room and hangs his one by his bed.. mummy hangs Mischiefs one up too.
- Lunch & Ice-cream treat time!
- Helped Grandad outside on the ride on mower
- Played on the bikes and explored the garden outside
- Watched Dora Ballet
- Went shopping for a birthday gift for Magic
- Japanese for Dinner